Sunday, March 21, 2010

Taking up the Gauntlet - Challenges from the OWH Bloghop

* Cards will be added to this entry as I get them made.

My first challenge came from Fabre - she challenged us to find something in our stash that was old and unloved, or maybe even about to be discarded, and to find a use for it. This beautiful blue and purple feather embellishment fit that category nicely. It's so pretty I could never bring myself to get rid of it, but I never found the right use for it either! I had to trim the blue feather down to make it fit on the card, but now it's ready to be loved by someone far away...

  • Cr8ive Me challenged us to use chipboard on a card...
  • Brenda Rose challenged us to make a card using her sketch featuring circles. 
  • Joscie made a really cute card with flags that I want to scraplift.
  • The Bucketlist Stamper showed us how to make a die-cut card with a quilt design that I would like to adapt for my own cutting tools.
  • Meljen kindly shared a gorgeous printable bunny for our cards, and I saved the artwork for future use.
  • Stretch N Bubbles gave us a free digital bee for us to download for our cards...
  • Paula donated lovely downloadable digital stamps for making a 'miss ewe' card and a springy tulip...
  • Brittany challenged us to make a card using blue, cream, or white paper (patterned or solid), brown or red stamping ink, and some sort of decorative detailing.
  •  Kelli shared some lovely Clean and Simple cards that just beg to be scraplifted and used for inspiration...
  • Megan Bean shared some lovely scrapliftable springy cards and challenged us to make a Spring card for OWH.
  • Jan shared some shaped bird cards that are too cute to fly by without noting them...
  • More than Memories blog features the most magnificent chalked flower cards, and I just had to mark them to make sure that everyone goes back for a second round of drooling over them!
  • Polley Crafts has a lovely simple card that I would love to scraplift...
And I made it to the end of the Bloghop! It took me all day yesterday to get through the first half, taking a few breaks for creating cards inspired by what I was seeing... and then I had to go back to the beginning all over again to note down the challenges that I forgot to record the first time! I hope you've been as inspired by everyone's hard work and generosity as I have... remember, I posted a small challenge in my bloghop entry and it's still open. Make a card using your cropodile - and if you don't have a cropodile then you can use any small hand-held circle punch instead. Post a link to your card in my blog (sorry, I was going to use Mister Linky but you have to edit your blog code to make it show up and I'm an ignoramus in that area!) and I'd love to send you a reward!

    3 comments:

    grandmalee said...

    LOVE all of your links & love seeing the CASE cards! Beautiful job & thanks again for being involved w/OWH!

    Unknown said...

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. The feathers on your card are great!

    Operation Write Home said...

    Thanks for collecting this list! Can I use it for the seed of a post-hop post on S&S?