Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stars and Stamps Technique Challenge Paper-piecing

This week's Wednesday challenge was to paper-piece a stamped image... it's not something I've ever done before, but I thought this little turtle would look really cute in green. I stamped two different greens and made mirror-image cards. It was  lot less fiddly than I thought it might be because you don't have to cut out ALL the tiny pieces, just the ones you want to use.

Alas I can't upload the pictures just yet - DH is in the middle of updating my computer and I don't have any image-manipulation software installed yet! (I like Irfanview for simple image-cropping and resizing, and it's FREE!) So I'll post this entry as a place-holder and add the photos asap.

And here are my scans! I mounted the first turtle on one of my scrap strip backgrounds... the second was assembled straight on the page, inked up a bit, and it needed something more so I added punchy bushes.

6 comments:

jjcreations said...

Great card - I love all the diagonal papers!!!!! And your turtle is soooo cute. Thanks for your comments you left on my blog.

Tammy said...

Both of your cards are adorable! That turtle image is so cute and I love all of the different green papers you used! ...your paper piecing is wonderful...Thanks for sharing!
Tammy

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Martha said...

Your turtles came out great! I always have trouble picking out the paper to piec but you rocked it!

Dixie Cochran said...

Love the turtles! Well done! What a terrific sentiment!

Operation Write Home said...

Awww so darned CUTE!