Friday, March 5, 2010

Petal Cards, Part 3

Here's what you've been waiting for... I finished one of the petal cards. I'm not thrilled with how it came out - I messed up some of my butterfly stamping and had to cover them with stickers - but it'll do.First the card closed... and then open. The only part of the inside that I'm really happy with is the wreath - the stamp was just the right size!
And here's the final, finished card. Not the least bit the way it started out - it was one of those designs that fought me the entire way! I kept making mistakes and transforming the design to cover them up. The last straw was when I stamped some of the butterflies around the outside of the card, I smeared purple ink on the fold! So I inked that up, and some of the rubbed-on-ink got onto the card base even though I put paper underneath to protect it. I was going to bin the whole thing and list it as a 'disaster'.... but this morning I had another look at it and decided it wasn't that bad after all. I made one last save and rubbed some ink onto the background card and I'm going to leave it at that. It's not as neat and clean and pretty as I hoped it would be... but it'll passs!

1 comment:

Rose said...

oh i love how your card came out! fantastic adding it to the front of a card :) beautiful!!!