Thursday, March 4, 2010

365 Cards Day 3 and Day 4

Day 3's Challenge was String Art.

I don't actually own a sewing machine and I don't sew if I can help it, but I bought an embroidery template once upon a time and I have plenty of embroidery thread from my occasional flings with Cross-stitch... The template is meant to be for a fairly elaborate border, but my injured hand isn't up to much by way of sewing, so I traced out just one part of the image with my hole-poker. Then I stitched it, and finished the card in the standard way. The other interesting feature of this card is a genuine antique button - I inherited a box of antique/vintage buttons from somebody's grandmother, and this one was saved for something special.


Day 4 is a White Space sketch challenge - all the decorated parts of the card have to fall into the coloured part of the sketch, with the rest of the card plain cardstock.


This was a fairly simple challenge for me compared to the last few days - I used a fancy layered flower from my stash and added a leafy sprig to it, then I stamped a few swirls to fill out the triangle. The strip at the bottom is fancy textured cardstock topped with a recycled greeting card, and I stamped the sentiment and finished it with a tiny gold flower brad.

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love the flower in the corner of the white space card!

Kim said...

Great cards! I really like that vintage button on the first one : )

Melanie said...

Great cards - love how you used the string!

Tammy said...

Cute cards! I really like the colors you used on the 1st card and the button is a great touch!

TesaB said...

Two beautiful cards, love the soft color schemes on both of them and amazing string art on the first one!