Saturday, March 27, 2010

365 Cards Day 27 - I'm touched


This one was a lot harder than it sounds! Make a card using at least eight different elements, and each element has to be touching at least two others. My first thought was a bunch of flowers... I made this card and then I realised that while the bottom half of the card fit the requirements perfectly, the sentiment at the top wasn't touching anything! So I added some flowers... and then I had to add some leaves to meet the 'three' requirement because I put the flowers in the wrong place to fit. After that it was such a busy card that while it fit the challenge I decided to cut my losses (and the card) and to split it in twain.

I cut the decorated part off the card and placed it on its own base with a fake bow. And I attached some pretty paper to the top part to make it into a useable card too.

And then I made a fresh card for the challenge...

3 comments:

jjcreations said...

Both of these are great.

Mary Director said...

Isn't it fun to see what different look we can give flowers by layering. Your cards are really nice.

Teresa said...

it's great to experiment with embellishments and 'stuff'. I liked the top card! Funny how you made too out of it though. And the bottom one is a fun one too!