Tuesday, March 2, 2010

365 Cards Day 2 - Tuesday's Trio

Today's challenge was to use the following combination of elements in a card - Circle/s, Silver, and Pearl/s... now this was a real challenge for me - Circles I can do, and I have silver stickers galore, but I've never deliberately used a pearl on a card, and I don't have any of the nice half-circle crafting pearls that I've seen other people use. I wasn't sure I had ANY pearls at all... but I dug around in my embellishment box and found a tiny green bow with an even tinier pearl sewn into the center. It was very cute but not enough for a whole card... so I dug a little more and found a baggie of crocheted flowers that somebody RAKed to me last year. I had a string of vintage pearls in my embellishment box, so I sewed a pearl into the center of each flower. I used a lacy doily for the circle element to go with the flowery theme, and left the edges loose so they'd frill up. Lastly, I lightly inked up the card background and then stamped a random background of tiny leaves for a bit more interest, and I glued on a green ribbon that's been floating around in my embellishment box for ages.
 Want to try this challenge or see what everyone else made of it? Just follow this link to the 365 Cards blog!

6 comments:

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

I like how you think of alternatives. Your card is gorgeous, luv how you used the doily and those crochet flowers are fab. Thanx for playing at 365 Cards.

Kim said...

Beautiful! It's great to be able to use what you have on hand too!!

Michelle Nist said...

It was my first time using my pearls too! Good thing I had some! Great card!

TesaB said...

What a joy that you finally got to use those fabbie crochet flowers! Your card is a real stunner!

Anonymous said...

Oh, love your story about looking for pearls. The ones you ended up sewing on make wonderful flower centers. Pretty Sharla

Rose said...

isn't it fun to find what you need in your stash? :) such a pretty card and love the flowers!