Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catching up on 365 Cards

There was a very noisy festival just opposite our house over the weekend, so we spent a lot of time out and about to get away from the noise... so I never got Sunday's challenge done till this morning! So here are three day's worth of cards for you instead of one!

Day 14 - Super Sketchy Sunday.
Use this sketch to make your card...
Which became this card very quickly, because I had a card base in my stash which fitted the basic shape! All I had to do was embellish it, and to figure out a way to incorporate the folded ribbon. I didn't feel like messing around with real ribbon today, so stamped it on some cardstock and folded the end.

Day 15 - Ad-inspired. The obvious thing to do with this ad is to make an Easter card... but the Easter deadline for Operation Write Home was two weeks ago! I'm done with Easter cards for the year already. So I decided to go with a spring theme and to use the beautifully delicate blue flowers as my inspiration and to play with my new 'Stretch Your Imagination' Cricut cartridge.

This cartridge was designed for making cards so it has shaped and matching frames sized to fit... but of course I mixed-and-matched to get the effect I want. I cut a 5-inch-tall square frame with scallops top-and-bottom and trimmed the outside edges off, then I used the strips to make an extra decorative feature. The center of the frame was flipped and glued back in to place, and I put the Easter basket and a bunch of silk flowers in the basket. BTW these were the ONLY light blue flowers I have, and they were just right for this... it needed a little something more, so I stamped a Studio G stamp across the base of the basket and set it aside for the glue to dry.

And lastly for today, Day 16 - Opposites Attract. (Use two opposing images  on your card eg. cat and dog, sun and moon...) I started with a 'sunny' and 'rainy background paper in the same colour family... I was going to use a single weather stamp with the sun peeping out behind the clouds...but I didn't like the way the sun came out when I embossed it, so I decided to just use the cloud. I stamped a bunch more on light blue cardstock, coloured them with markers, used a blending pen to try to make them look a bit more cloudy and embossed them with UTEE. Then I drew raindrops on the card and embossed them. And for the Sunny side I mounted a sticker on popdots and stamped a few butterflies between the printed flowers.

7 comments:

Ladies Prayer Group said...

Very pretty cards. I love the soft colors on your spring card.

Melanie said...

Your cards all look super!

~amy~ said...

ALL your cards are soooo fun!!! Great job making a spring card instead of an easter one!

Gloria Stengel said...

Very pretty! I love all layers.

Carol L said...

You've done such a great job on each one of these cards! Gotta love 'em all!!

TesaB said...

They are all fun and pretty! Beautiful bright colors and great layers!

Rose said...

FUN!!! i LOVE the rain and sunshine card :) hope you have a quieter weekend then the last one.