Sunday, March 21, 2010

A 365 Cards Weekend

I'm quite proud of myself - I devoted most of my time this weekend to the Operation Write Home Bloghop, and I still managed to get my 365 cards done as well. I've made every card so far, and for the last two weeks I've been ON TIME!

Day 21 was to make a 'Noisy Card'... I don't have any little bells handy so the easiest way to do this one was to make a shaker box. I'm not very good at them and I really don't like the way this card came out - I wanted the nice metallic sparkly sequins to stand out so I made the background fairly dark and plain... it looks a bit better IRL because you can see the shine. But the sparklies in the shaker keep glueing themselves to the sides of the box instead of shaking around, and it's definitely not one of my greatest successes.

Day 22 is Super Sketchy Sunday. I love flowers, so this week's sketch was a natural for me, and I tried to make my card as close to the design as I could. I had a nice yellow card background recycled from a greeting card, and I made nice big punchy flowers to go on it. It took forever to make the 'sideways' flower! I've never done one before so I was making it up as I went along. I all the petals out and glued them into shape so it would look like the flower was partway open.
The other tricky part of this card was the ribbon. I wanted to use that pretty woven ribbon and to make a knot or bow in it, but the ribbon is one-sided and it just looked silly! I fiddled around a bit and made a decoration that showed the top of the ribbon on both sides and glued it onto the card. I was going to put a small sentiment up at the top of the card but I decided that it really didn't need it. A few poppy leaves were enough, and I drew the flower stems in with a marker.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Love those flowers and the color combo. Both cards are very nice!

Shelly R Wilson said...

Love the card! And your "noisy" one is way fun! TFS

Lori said...

I love both cards...the shaker card is really fun and the flower card is so pretty and bright...very cheerful.
I popped over here to tell you you won my blog candy in the OWH blog hop. Email me your address and I'll get it right out to you. Congrats and thanks for visiting my blog!

Heidi said...

great cards! shaker cards are so tough. glad you gave it a go!

heidi

Rose said...

what a fun shaker card and your card for the sketch is so pretty...spring comes to mind :)

TesaB said...

Great shaker card! Don't be so hard on your self, it turned out great, love the colorful sequins! And the second card, that one is super FAB!!! Beautiful colors, love that bright yellow and red combination!

~amy~ said...

Great noisy card and I love your Sunday sketch card!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!