Saturday, March 20, 2010

More Scraplifted cards from the OWH Bloghop

If you're looking for my actual bloghop entry, please keep going down the page. I've made a few entries of scraplifted cards this afternoon, inspired by cards others have posted. I loved the elegant simplicity of this design by Stephanie... alas I didn't have the right stamps to duplicate it, so my version is more an 'inspired by' than a scraplift.
I stamped the treetrunk with the side of my acrylic block... it didn't pick the ink up evenly but I kind of like the effect. I stamped the leaves with an old leaf stamp... the big blocky 'tree' needed nice big flowers to set it off so I used two different sized flower punches with shimmery pink paper and finished the flowers with gold brads.

The only part of this second card that was stamped is the tree-trunk. I used a diamond border and just kept stamping until I had something vaguely tree-shaped. I used punched leaves and to make the flowers more three-dimensional I folded up the petals before I glued them down, and I put little pink sparklies in the center.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous card! I am really honored that you chose my card as inspiration. I love your flowers- the sparkles in the middle are so adorable. The flowers with the two pinks are also really pretty- I never thought of punching out different flowers like that. Someone will be really happy to receive these cards!!

Dixie Cochran said...

I love how that first tree turned out using the block! Clever! Love the pink blossoms!

Janice said...

You used the side of the block to make the trunk, why didn't I think of that...

Anonymous said...

I love your cards so pretty
Thanks for sharing and your doing a wonderful job keep it up
Lynn in Lancaster Ca

Gloria Westerman said...

How adorable and original....very cleverly in deed.....love it....thank you for sharing your awesome creation.....

Tammy said...

WOW you have been busy!! I love these...the blossoms are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are great! I love how you added the flowers to the trees.

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com