Saturday, March 20, 2010

Scraplifted cards

I'm getting lots of inspiration from the Operation Write Home Spring bloghop! Here's a card I've scraplifted already... I just loved Kate's circle-punch flower and delicate floral background.

I've been looking for ways to use my circle punch, so it was just right for me to try. Only I liked the look of the flower with six petals rather than five, and I used my 'tree' punch to make the greenery. And lastly, I used a super-giant rhinestone for the center of the flower...it's made the card come out rather dark and shadowy on the scan, but it's really a nice cheery orange. Orange isn't a colour I use often... but I'm very happy with this card.

More cards coming shortly! I've got to run to the store now...

Here's another scraplift for you. This one was created by Debi Rice, for her blog on cardmaking on a budget. It appealed to me as a great way to use up teensy tiny scraps of brightly coloured paper... plus I had some cute vase/planter punchies in my stash from a RAK years ago! I think Debi's card is nicer than my copy - take a look at it and see what you think!

(No, I didn't use my cropodile to punch the flowers... but I could have! lol If somebody wanted an idea for my challenge, this would work beautifully.)

14 comments:

Kate said...

Awesome! They say scraplifting is the sincerest form of flattery. :)

I'm totally stealing that word, btw. It's only fair!

Paula S. said...

Nice job, I like the combination of paper you used.

Jeanne said...

Great card! Orange is perfect for the spring.

lavendarrose29 said...

Great lift on these cards. I like your take on the vase and the stems. you totally made it your own.

TN Granny said...

Your blog is wonderful and inspires me to make more cards. Thank you for sharing your beautiful blog.
God Bless,
Jeanine #14 on the blog hop.

TN Granny said...

Your blog is wonderful and inspires me to make more cards. Thank you for sharing your beautiful blog.
God Bless,
Jeanine #14 on the blog hop.

Anita said...

Amazing cards! Great scrap lifting.

Missy said...

I loved both the cards you CASED and how you made them your own.

Seongsook Duncan said...

Beautiful cards! I love your cheerful color combination with love...

Debi Rice, otherwise known as Sparky! said...

Love that you used my paper punch flower card idea!!! LOVE YOURS BEST!
Great papers! Hugs, and thank you! Debi

hiscreation2 said...

Karen, your circle punch flower is awesome! Got to get mine out of storage somehow! You did a great job and I love the BIG bling in the center. it is perfect!

Cyn said...

I love your cards! They are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for sharing

Gloria Westerman said...

These are so adorable and I love them....and I do too love your word "Scraplifting"....thank you for sharing...

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards.. I love the colors and papers on the 1st one! Great job!