Thursday, March 11, 2010

365 Cards Day 10 and 11

Yesterday's 'Wacky Colours' challenge was such a doozie that I had to wait to see how everyone else tackled it before I tried it myself. Orange, blue and purple is NOT a colour combination that it would ever occur to me to use together! I found a small piece of floral cardstock in those colours and added some vivid primaries. It had a dragon punched out of one side so that decided the main decoration. I stuck a piece of vivid orange behind the opening for my dragon. The card needed a little 'bling' to help seperate the layers, so I added some tiny scrap dots (from the inside of foil stickers) and I gave the dragon golden claws. It was fiddly getting those tiny little pieces into place, but I think they bring it to life... btw those two dark scalloped layers that look almost identical are actually purple and deep blue.

Today's challenge was much simpler - make a landscape/scenic card using patterned paper as the background. I love doing collages but I usually use cardstock, so using patterned paper instead took a little digging around... I'm very happy with how it came out.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

You did a great job on both cards!

Kim Mc said...

You "whacked" the "wacky" colors out of the park with your creation! And the second card is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us today at 365 Cards and I hope you keep coming back!

Aloha, Kim
365 Cards Design Team member
Check out the DAILY challenges!

TesaB said...

Two great cards! Love what you did with that totally wacky color combo - CUTE dragon! And that other beauty, love that one. Amazing trees!

Anonymous said...

Karen theses are great cards. Wonderful trees for sure using the punch!

Vicky said...

Fantastic cards!!