Monday, March 8, 2010

365 Cards Day 7 and Day 8

Day 7 was Super Sketchy Sunday... use this sketch as the basis for your card. Three rectangles with stitching along the edges. I don't have a sewing machine and it's way too late at night to attempt to hand-sew a card, so I had to do a work-around.

I dithered around a bit and then went for a fairly literal interpretation. I'm not entirely thrilled with it - I used rub-on stitching and it's a bit heavy for the card -  but it'll do.

Then I fiddled around a bit more and made a second with the design turned sideways to make a long card. I'm much happier with how the second card turned out. It's not nearly as contrasty IRL as in the scan btw - my scanner is VERY vivid. The metallicy bits are hand-painted paper I made ages ago.

Then on to Day 8 - Imagine this: Outer Space. When I saw the theme I thought 'stars' and from there I came up with this fairly simple card. Okay, it's a VERY simple card! I used nice metallic sticker lettering, some stars and planet stickers, and I filled in the white spaces with hand-drawn stars.

6 comments:

Rose said...

they make rub on stitching?! wish i would have known this before!now i must look for some as i love the look of it!! your cards are wonderful and i really like the first one with the clock hands :)

Melanie said...

Love all your cards - you did a great job!

~amy~ said...

excellent cards...really love the first one!!

TesaB said...

Great cards, all three of them! I'm with the rest of the gang, I really love the first one with the feel of vintage. Rub on Stitches huh!?! PERFECT, think I need some!

Gloria Stengel said...

Great job. Thanks for playing along with the outer space challenge. It was a hard one! I love your first sketch card! I also love the rubon stitches since I cannot sew! LOL

Pam said...

Nice work on all your cards!