Wednesday, April 21, 2010

365 Cards 49-52

Last night I was so tired I went to bed at ten o'clock... which of course led to my being wide awake at three in the morning. After staring at the ceiling for awhile, I got up and started work on the cards.

Day 49 - Super Sketchy Sunday.
I made a straightforward flower card to use up some of the silk flowers in my stash. There's a wide ribbon in there but you can't see much of it! The card background was gently direct-inked on a large stamp pad.

Day 50 - Digging Deep.
Find three things in your stash -
1) An item that is more than a year old
2) Something that you were given that you have never used - this could be from a swap or a gift, but it has to have come from someone else.
3) Something you forgot you had.


I rummaged through my 'miscellaneous' embellishment box to make this card. I bought the red box about four years ago at the Dollar Tree. The mini playing card was given to me so long ago I'd forgotten it was there... and the cherry brads were a gift last year. (the bank notes came from Party City...)
I was going to make the sentiment something about 'never gambling on love' or love being a 'sure bet' but I wasn't thinking quite clearly enough at 3am to finalise it.

Day 51- Tuesday's Trio.
Use at least one of each of the following 3 items:
Alpha Sticker - Stamp - Red
This one was very straightforward. I shadow-stamped the background (ink the stamp and stamp on plain paper before stamping the card, and repeat...) A pretty floral ribbon (I'm trying to use some of my stash now it's out where I can see it!), a rubon, and assorted stickers. I've got tons of lettering but it's all random letters at this point, so it's a good thing I like the 'ransom note' look.

Day 52 - Save the Date
There is very little (I'd pretty much say NO) demand for Save the Date cards for Operation Write Home and I don't need any myself... so I stretched the terms a little and made a card that COULD be 'save the date' or it could be for a more general announcement. The picture is recycled from a gift book and I handwrote the sentiment.

8 comments:

geri said...

I really like the "save the date" card. Great job!

Rose said...

look at all your awesome cards!! the digging deep is my fav :)

Kim Mc said...

All are great, Kajikit! I love you stretch on the Day 52 challenge! I too had no need for a save the date card...that's why I made mine a tag that I could replace ;0) Thanks for playing with us again this week at 365 cards and can't wait to see what you do next week!

Aloha, Kim
365 Cards Design Team member
Check out the DAILY challenges!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

You have some lovely cards here! Thanx for playing at 365 Cards.

Cheryl said...

Karen thank you so much for all the lovely papers and little stamps you sent me! It was so fun to receive new papers - I already have plans for the Christmas ones as I've wanted to do the Christmas challenges. I was reading your blog and I see you are cleaning your craft room. I also had to clean my craft space this week and add a few storage solutions. I was going to take a pic but my camera died at that very moment. I am getting together some items to send you as well but I have several packages going out to my soldiers so will have to wait until all are packed up and make one trip to the PO! Anyways thanks again and your "card" was lovely! Cheryl

Gloria Stengel said...

Great job and time well spent! Love the Digging Deep card! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

~amy~ said...

great job on all your cards...love the digging deep one, very clever!

Pam said...

Wonderful set of cards - and I think definitely that was thinking outside the box to turn the "save the date" card into something a bit more general, well done!