Saturday, February 6, 2010

Salvaged from disaster - Trifold card completed


After yesterday's little fiasco I was ready to give up but a wonderful angel suggested that a simple ribbon might cover up my stamping disaster. The card looks fine from the front - it's the center and right-hand panels I spoiled!

I looked in my ribbon box and lo and behold I had a narrow yellow ribbon in exactly the right length, width, AND colour to fix it! I covered the mid-section with a narrow stripe of glimmer cardstock to echo the diagonal stripe, and used a sticker for the sentiment - I didn't want to risk another stamp! (The yellow stripe is straight, but the panels tilt so it looks crooked in the pic.)





One of the problems with this card design is not having anywhere to write... my solution to that is simple - I cut a panel of plain cardstock the size of the card, decorated it, and fastened it to the back of the card with a brad so it can swivel out for writing on!

If you want  to try this card yourself, the pattern (and measurements) are in the Stars and Stamps blog.

3 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

I love the title of your post! So clever. Your card turned out terrific. I like the brad/swivel idea! Thanks for sharing.

Operation Write Home said...

Nice recovery!!! Well done.

Karen said...

Nice job fixin' the problem! Don't you hate when that happens, but, love when you can fix it! TFS!
Karen