Saturday, February 20, 2010

Button Cards for Winterhaven and Stars and Stamps

I made these two for a Winterhaven challenge that simply said to use buttons on a card... I bought a stamp that says 'hoppy easter' at Joanns. It had a hopping bunny in between the two words and I didn't really like it that way, so I dismantled the stamp and cut it into three parts. That gives me the freedom to use the words together or seperately, since that's the only Easter greeting stamp I have!
 
Card Number One uses flower buttons from Joanns and a little blingy flower to fill in the empty space. The little bunny is a sticker from the Dollar Tree.


 Now I think of it, this second card is eligible for the Stars and Stamps midweek challenge, so I'll have to go and add it to Mister Linky - that challenge was to use two patterned papers and a button on your card. I don't think it said 'ONLY' one button! I stamped the bunny with an Inkadinkadoo stamp and coloured him in with markers (please ignore how poor my colouring skills are!) I left the bunny white and coloured in the background instead. I double-matted him and finished the card off with some lovely shiny buttons.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

More than one button is just dandy....cute cards!

Dixie Cochran said...

Love the bunnies!