Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A 3D flower card & my first blog candy!

I actually made two cards tonight... but one of them is a sample for Winterhaven 2010, so you'll have to wait till next week to see it! I'm excited about Winterhaven - there are lots of juicy challenges lined up for the two weeks and exciting prizes to be won. Come along and check it out - it'll be lots of fun. Now on to today's card...

Like most of my cards, this one designed itself... I started with the stamped border, and I got ink on the corner of the block and made a big mark in the middle of the card, so I had to cover that up somehow. I used the center of a sticky diecut frame to cover up the mess. It also covered up part of the border but that was okay! Then I added a RAKed stamped sentiment mounted off-center. And lastly it needed something to embellish the top of the mat and tie the colours together. I dug out some pastel punchy flowers and layered them into a 3D flower. To make the leaves 3D, lay them on a felt pad and draw a stylus down the center of the leaf to stretch and curl it. It adds a lot more life to them than leaving them flat. Apologies that the pic is so blurry. It's dark and the card had wet glue on it so I had to photograph it rather than scanning (besides the scanner would have squashed the flower!) and it came out rather blurry.

Stamp - Heidi Grace, Ink - Big and Juicy Hydrangea

On another note, I have six followers! Thank you for adding me to your list... I'm very excited, and when I get to 12 followers I'd like to reward someone with a RAK. So tell your friends... and don't forget to leave me comments so I know you're here!

No comments: