Sunday, February 7, 2010

Girly embossed cards

You might wonder why I keep talking about how hard it is to make my cards - I injured my hand on Jan 1st, and after struggling along all month, it's in a thumb brace for the next two weeks... it sure slows me down, but I'm doing my best to complete at least one card a day to follow through on my promise.

I made these two cards for the 'A little brassy' challenge over at Winterhaven - to use brass stencil/s to make your card. I haven't used my brass stencils and lightbox in living memory but I dragged them out for this challenge and made a pair of girly cards... I embossed the tag first as a practice run and I decided to make it into a card as well because it worked out.

Aside from the stencils I used a whole flock of  ink pads - the very pale one is Memento angel pink; the middling dark one on the edges of the cards is from Joanns Essentials pink rainbow pad, and the purple accent is Stamp It Circus Rainbow.
I also used some rainbow edging stickers, sticker lettering, some photo corners from the Dollar Tree, and a big pink blingy butterfly.

No comments: