Sunday, May 9, 2010

Three letter challenges

I didn't have a lot of time to make cards this week, so I've done these yesterday and today... posting them quickly before I go to church. I'll add more descriptions when I get back - I'm late already!

Day 65 - Anniversary, Arc, Alpabet Stickers
I'm playing with 5x6 cards atm, so I'm using up embellishments etc that are just a little too big for a standard A2 card. The tag is printed with part of the wedding vows, and it seemed appropriate to use for this. The ribbon has been hoarded for far too long, and the strips on either side of the tag are cut from cardstock.

Day 66 - White, White space, Wings
I kept it very simple. A pretty punched border, white embossed cardstock, and some gorgeous 3D butterfly stickers. 

Day 67 - Love, Lace, Leaves
More hoarded lace... it has leaves in the design but I also drew some around the stamped image. The sentiment strip is printed on the computer. 

Day 68 - Circle, Cross-stitch, Cream (outside and inside front - since I had to line it to cover up the cross-stitch, I stamped on the liner.) This one took me awhile! When I was done with the stitching I couldn't feel my fingers any more, but it was worth it. I used variegated thread and it's long enough to change colours nicely. The blob on the inside is on the scanner ,not the card.

Day 69 - Triangle, Tree, Twine
I hate working with twine! But a challenge is a challenge... I dyed this with ink and wrapped it around brads to fasten it onto the card. The image was stamped on white cardstock and I inked it up with the same ink to age it. The background is a beautiful metallic print, and I used some metallic scraps for the triangles.


And that's your lot for the morning. It was fun to do these challenges...

2 comments:

Creative said...

Beautiful cards!!

Carolyn V said...

You rocked each and every one of those 3 letter challenges! Great cards! :D