Thursday, December 10, 2009

12 Tags of Christmas Day 1

And here we are at the beginning... of course I've only done six so I've still got half a dozen tags to make - I started in the middle! And they only get more complex... but this first tag Tim posted is the most complex of all of them. It took three full hours for me to make!

This tag starts with a randomly-inked background that you rub onto the tag and wet down. Then snowflakes and swirls were stamped. The snowman is cut out, coloured and mounted on popdots with a cardboard swirl behind it, and the snowman has a scarf made from ribbon and wire. Lastly, Tim put a sentiment flag on the corner of the tag and painted glittery icicles on the top. He also painted the tag with crackle glaze, but I don't own any of that so I didn't worry about it.

I'm pretty happy with my tag. I used a plastic sleeve for my background. I stippled the ink on it and sprayed it with water. Then I pressed the tag onto it to pick up the ink. It came out really pretty! I skipped the stippling and stamped random snowflakes across the top of the tag. My snowman is stamped on white cardstock and embossed with glitter embossing powder, then I made his scarf from a ribbon with a cute pattern on it.
I was the most pleased with my swirls. I don't have any ready-made swirls, but I had the bright idea that I could make some from punchies. I've got assorted swirl and spiral punchies and I glued them together then I painted them with silver paint to cover up the fact that they were all different colours! Then I glued them onto the tag and mounted the snowman on top. I used a piece of wired ribbon for the top of the tag, and used a tiny sticker for my sentiment. And lastly I painted glue icicles at the top of the tag and I sprinkled them generously with a mixture of aqua and shimmer glitter. All in all I'm VERY pleased with this tag, even if it did take three hours!

1 comment:

Lyneen said...

Your tag turned out great... I am impressed with your swirls... Hey I am having a giveaway on my blog, actually 2 still one is a stamp set and paper you may be interested... come by!