Monday, July 4, 2011

4th July Weekend - Sunday


Here are the last of the cards I made yesterday... I'm still way behind!

CHALLENGE 10 - TWIN CARDS
 Sandy challenged us to make a matching pair of cards using the same paper/images, but reflecting different seasons. I was inspired by a sheet of double-sided paper in my collection. One side is spring green leaves and branches, and on the back it's transformed into a wintery blue. I had a matched pair of gingham ribbons and sparklies that sealed the deal!

CHALLENGE 11 - PINWHEEL CARD

Kate demonstrated yet another variety of pinwheel for her challenge - this one uses double-sided paper, and if you can get enough glue in the center to hold it firmly, it's super-simple. Since I already had some double-sided cardstock out from the last challenge, I whipped up a pair of pinwheels and made my cards. (the paper is white, but because the pinwheels are folded they pushed the rest of the card far enough off the scanner to add a big shadow.

CHALLENGE 13 - HEARTS AND/OR BEARS

How could I go past this one? One sheet of absolutely gorgeous printed paper, a few cuts, some distress ink for the edges, and a sentiment stamp, and I had three almost-instant Wintery cards to start off my box for the next challenge.

2 comments:

Linda said...

All your cards are fabulous! LOVE the bear paper (and the cards you made with it)! Thanks for playing!

Kate said...

Pinwheels are great for using scrap paper. Love the way you show how different the wheels can look, depending on which way you fold them.