Sunday, June 27, 2010

Alphabet Soup

I picked up the DCWV 'Alphabet Mat Stack' at TJ Maxx and I decided to make all the 'mongram' pages into a set of simple notecards for Operation Write Home. I used plain white cardstock and decorated envelopes to match. Hopefully people will be able to use the cards to write simple notes in. :) I just trimmed the pages down slightly smaller than that cards and glued them on.

When I was done I had a whole pile of small offcuts from the edges of the stack. I didn't want to throw them out but they're a lot smaller than any of the scraps I usually keep... so I made up a simple design that would show them off to advantage and I made a second set of notecards! I put the lighter-coloured paper onto dark cardstock so it would show up, and I lined the dark cards with a simple white liner. It's not often that I can get 50 cards made in three hours!

1 comment:

JustYolie said...

What a clever idea! Love your cards! :)