Sunday, January 31, 2010

S&S CASE Challenge

Yes... it's another entry for today! This weekend Stars and Stamps held a CASE challenge. CASE stands for 'copy and share everything' and it's otherwise known as scraplifting. You find somebody else's design that you really like, or that gives you an idea, and you make your own version of it. I had a rummage around various blogs tonight, and this particular card struck me as cute and simple, and it gave me a chance to use my circle punch, which was a lovely gift from Teresa.

Here is a link to Cat's original card design. The card I chose is at the bottom of the entry so scroll down a bit to see it. It's a nice simple design using squares and circles of patterned paper with embellishments added to fancy it up. And now for my version. Actually this is just mark one. I've got the bits cut out to do another few, as well!

I don't own a corner punch so I traced the edge of the gluestick and trimmed the corners by hand. The squares were cut with my trimmer (1-1/2 inches square if anyone wants to CASE my CASE) and I used my circle punch to cut the insides. Embellished with some odds and ends from my embellishment box, and I hand-wrote the greeting because I don't have any Easter stamps. 
PS. There is ONE stamp on this card for the purists... the pink butterfly paper was randomly stamped to make my own patterned paper.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Yay! I've been CASE'd! LOL! It looks great! Wow! You did a good job on the corners! I would not have been able to do that!

Martha said...

Your case is so gorgeous! I love this layout and you sure did it credit. It is so fun!