Friday, January 29, 2010

Cards from scraps and stamps

Today's mission was to see how many partially-assembled cards I could get finished off... I pottered around remounting card fronts and adding sentiments etc. Which brings me to these four - I started to make fridge magnets for Christmas presents but I never glued magnets onto them. I found the stash today and I decided that they'd make cute cards, or at least the non-Christmas-themed ones would!
The pink background is a scrap of bazzill that I'd punched some flowers from. The 'You and me' stamp is my favourite Heidi Grace line and the hearts are Scrappy Cat. The roses were unmounted.
I cut the magnet squares from used cereal boxes and covered them with patterned paper and recycled greeting card images.
The stamps on the left are Heidi Grace. Isn't that corner stamp elegant? It reminds me of Art Nouveau (sp?) My mother had a lovely sideboard with carving very similar to this. I mixed things up a bit for the second card. I used a card background from my ever-dwindling stash... and since I had to use light cardstock for the sentiment, I nested the words on jigsaw pieces.

I'm pretty pleased with this last card. The green background was already stamped and there was a slight flaw in the ivy, so I covered it with a ribbon... then I added a sentiment and a cute wateringcan stamp from my stash. I finished it with a 3D punched flower that's been in my stash forever, with a gem in the middle for bling, and I drew in the rain with a marker - because if it never rained on our gardens, the flowers would never bloom!

1 comment:

SarahA said...

Awesome cards! Keep up the good work!