We were both sick for three weeks so I didn't make any cards for a long time. This week I got a surprise package of rubber stamps, and I had a play with them. I've never used large background stamps before and I didn't have any luck in stamping them. I was about to give up in despair when I thought of using the Bigshot to compress them. They didn't fit in with the white backing, but I have a felt piercing mat that was just the right thickness to make up a sandwich - I used the clear mats on the outside, the black embossing mat and black plastic pad, and my felt piercing mat with the stamp and cardstock in the middle and when you added them altogether I got a perfect image! I tried it with a few other stamps and it didn't work so well - they were too thin still. But it worked great with the full-sized background stamps that I was just given.
Here are the cards I made... I finished them with some gorgeous diecuts I got on clearance at Michaels last month. They're so cute that I wish I'd bought more packets! The 'brown' is actually gorgeous metallic copper on acetate and it makes wonderful cards. I love metallics! The flowers have glitter on them but that's okay - I just can't send them to Operation Write Home. I want to make some cards for church and that's a start. There are two skills I have that are of value to other people - cooking/baking, and making stuff... I need to stop worrying about what other people might thing and use them.